Green building materials also known as sustainable materials are environmentally responsible for planning to design, construction and operation. This type of materials does not give any negative impact to the natural environment and any existing organism since there is no such thing as perfect there is a set maximum range of negative impact in each structure to maintain sustainability.
All home builders must consider this type of materials to help the environment and its surroundings. It could also give the company a certification which is called LEED. Further understanding with the materials will help any designer to be involved in green building. Below are some of the materials for green building.
1. Bamboo comes from South East Asia and it is a green material because of its characteristics. It is produced rapidly in the best condition in about 30 centimetres a day and it can be harvested without killing the plant. Additional reasons for its sustainability are the characteristics of being lightweight, versatility, carbon absorption, and tensile strength. Even though it is from Asia it remains cheap due to cheap labor cost. It is a substitute for imported framing materials for homes and buildings. Visit https://burleighconstructions.com.au/services/new-homes/ for custom home builders.
2. One green alternative to outdoor surfaces such as parking lots, sidewalks and driveways is a grasscrete. This material allows liquid and gas to pass through it that helps to avoid erosion and draining storm water. It is composed of Concrete and Grass as stated literally in its name. This material is also used by any custom home builders.
3. Concrete blocks are replaced by plastic materials researchers found a great way to reuse recycled materials. The plastics are grounded and compressed by a machine into the size of a concrete. Using this type of material will help the environment to reduce plastic wastes.
4. Another substitute material is a Ferrock which is made from steel of dust and other discarded items in the steel industry. This type of material will make a structure resistant to earthquake due to its characteristic that has great bending force. The researcher found an element called carbon dioxide that turns out to be an element that helps the hardening and drying process.
5. One of the oldest sustainable materials is the rammed earth which is used by human civilization for a thousand years now. It is a natural technology that lasts a long time once pressed tightly in a wooden form. The finished product visually recreates the feel of a concrete wall. This type of material could be produced differently today for additional safety by adding a bamboo or an added safety.